Saturday, July 11 2020

VietNamNews

Food poisoning incident in Đà Nẵng caused by high levels of bacteria

Update: May, 18/2020 - 16:15
Patients receive treatment at the Đà Nẵng General Hospital. — VNA/VNS Photo

ĐÀ NẴNG — Excess levels of bacteria was the main cause of a food poisoning case in Đà Nẵng City on May 7.

This was the conclusion of the Đà Nẵng Food Safety Management Committee, released on Monday.

At about 3pm on May 7, 230 people in Hòa Vang District were hospitalised with symptoms of high temperature, headaches, vomiting, stomach aches and diarrhoea.

The committee took samples of food from the victims’ households and restaurants in Túy Loan Market, including vegetarian spring rolls, noodles, dried tofu, braised fish and pork chops.

Tests showed that these dishes were contaminated with bacteria exceeding the regulated levels, including Bacillus cereusEscherichia coli and Staphylococus aureus.

As many as 225 people have since been discharged from hospital. Five others are under treatment in a stable condition.

Nguyễn Tấn Hải, head of the committee, said that restaurants have been suspended since May 8. Local authorities have sterilised affected areas.

More inspections on food safety and hygiene will be conducted in Túy Loan Market.

The committee is completing procedures to punish restaurants involved. — VNS

  • Tags:

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: