|Officers of the Ba Đình Firefighting and Rescue Squad trying to extinguish the fire on Tuesday. — VNA/VNS Photo Anh Đức|
HÀ NỘI — A fire broke out at Thiên Phúc Art Frame shop in central Hà Nội on Tuesday.
The business, at 240 Hàng Bông Street is also home to a family and has been operating since 1998. The area is also packed with many hotels and popular with tourists.
According to witnesses at the scene, the fire started at around 10:30am. Firefighters arrived about 15 minutes later, and the entire section of Cửa Nam Street was closed off.
There were no reports of human casualties, as people inside the shop and nearby buildings were evacuated.
"I was in my bed while the fire started," said an Australian tourist staying at a hotel next door. "Thankfully I was quickly evacuated."
|The fire broke out again after thirty minutes, and firefighters entered the building to extinguish the fire from the inside, as well as outside. — VNA/VNS Photo Anh Đức|
The fire seemed to have subsided by 11:15am, but soon reignited and broke out at another house right behind in Nguyễn Thái Học Street, prompting firefighters to call for reinforcements.
|After two hours of hard work from firefighters, the blaze was brought under control. — VNA/VNS Photo Anh Đức|
By 1pm, the fire was completely extinguished.
An electrical fault was suspected to have caused the blaze. — VNS