Six die of suspected gas asphyxiation at home in Bình Dương Province

July, 25/2022 - 14:08
The incident took place at a house on NJ15 Street, Thới Hòa Ward, Bến Cát Town.
The site of the incident. — VNA/VNS Photo

HCM CITY — Six people including four children were found dead at a house in Bình Dương Province due to suspected gas asphyxiation on Sunday.

The incident took place at a house on NJ15 Street, Thới Hòa Ward, Bến Cát Town.

Preliminary information showed that a friend of the house owner was unable to contact him around noon on Sunday.

He later came to the residence, but no one answered the door.

He and some neighbours decided to break open the door and discovered that six people were dead inside the house.

Local residents said that there was a power outage the night before the incident, and that the victims could have run a generator.

The cause of death is believed to be asphyxiation from carbon monoxide (CO) inhalation, but police are still investigating the case. — VNS

E-paper