JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - Media OutReach - 18 January 2019- There is so much morein store for the African retail industry. According to research conducted by PWC, manysub-Saharan African countries have emerged among the world's fastest-growingeconomies. This kind of development is due, in part, to a great deal of economicand social change, but also because of the rapid advancement in technology andchanging consumer trends.
TrendWatching has determinedthat some of these trends e-commerce, logistics, proudly African goods andservices, excellent branding, and the right channels, all things to keep inmind when working towards next-level customer centered retailing.
Digital Retail Forum is set to takeplace on 30 January 2019, at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Under the theme "Harnessing DigitalTechnology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing", #DigitalRetailForumwill bring together hundreds of Africa's retail and technology leaders toengage and give insights on emerging technology trends such as Ai, IoT, drones,digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility are disrupting theretail sector. This event will also delve into how to survive by harnessing newtechnology to improve both Customer Experience and OperationalEfficiency.
Confirmed speakers for Digital RetailForum 2019 include:
- Ben Williams , GM: Online at Exclusive Books
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking &Chief Risk Office at First National Bank
- Alastair Tempest, CEO at e-commerce Forum Africa
- Stephen Mallaby, COO at Argility Technology Group
- Richard Phillips, Joint CEO at Cash Connect Management Solutions
- Felipe Penacoba Martinez, CIO Retail & Business Bankingat Santander UK
- Frans Van der Colff, Director at TIA
- Gareth Hawkey, CEO at redPanda Software
- Kofi Abunu, Chief Development Officer (Nigeria & Ghana) atFood Concepts Plc
- Lesego Moagi, Marketing Executive at AutoZone South Africa
- Bradley Elliot, Founder at Platinum Seed
- Vian Chinner, CEO at Xineoh
- Warrick Kernes, CEO at Insaka eCommerce Academy
Key topics to be discussed:
- Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risksand enhance decision making.
- Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
- Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-storeexperience.
- Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
- Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
- Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
- Order Fulfillment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
- Understanding the key drivers within the South African retailsector.
- Understanding the digital customer's journey.
- Utilizing technology to identify customer pain-points.
- Optimizing inventory management and supply chains withtechnology.
- Closing the gap between technology and personalization.
- Customer engagement with interactive digital signage andpoint-of-sale (POS) solutions.
- Delivering a technology platform that empowers the business anddelights customers.
- Assessing emerging retail models and technologies that willdefine 2019 and beyond.
- Adapting to Generation Z -- "the digital shopper".
- The store of the future.