Viet Nam News
Ông Táo’s Kitchen
with chef de Cuisine Emmanuel Gonin from Millennium Café des Arts Hà Nội
This week, sample vinegar chicken cooked in France’s Lyon city-style with a brand new flavour! Bon appétit!
Ingredients: serves 4
4 chicken legs
2 big onions
3 tsp honey
0.2l red wine
0.15l sunflower oil or colza
4 pinches table salt,
2 pinches Phú Quốc ground pepper
To make marinade:
- Peel, wash and slice big onions.
- In a bowl, mix honey, vinegar, oil and onions together.
- In a dish, put chicken legs and pour the marinade above.
- Marinate chicken legs in 1 hour by upturning them regularly, then drain them by reserving the marinade.
- Preheat the oven in 180°C.
- In a very hot frying pan, with a little oil, colour chicken legs over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Season chicken legs slightly then in an oven-proof dish, put in the oven for 15 minutes in 180°C.
- At the same time, pour the marinade into a pan, make it hot by reducing it in ¾ then leak it out to keep only the juice.
- Coat chicken legs at your convenience.
- Serve chicken legs with rice or mashed potatoes, either sautéed in a frying pan.
You can sample the dish at Millennium Café des Arts Hà Nội, 11B Bảo Khánh St, Hoàn Kiếm Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: +84 4 38287207 or 0904134490. Website: www.cafedesarts.com or Facebook Millennium Café des Arts.