Demand for firefighting equipment has risen in recent years, especially after several high-rise fires, but quality equipment has been hard to come by according to some.
As of Wednesday, only 179 out of 718 multi-storey apartment buildings in Hà Nội had fire insurance, according to the Hà Nội Fire Prevention and Control Police Department.
A fibre factory in the northern province of Quảng Ninh was damaged by a large inferno that started at some 2.30am on Wednesday.
A fire engulfed a store containing a large quantity of agricultural products owned by an individual company in central Bình Định Province's An Nhơn Township, an official said on Tuesday.
A semi-trailer and a passenger bus collided early yesterday morning (January 20) in HCM City’s District 4, leaving the bus driver with a broken leg and 14 passengers slightly injured.
Fourteen foreign tourists, one tour guide and a crew of six were rescued early Tuesday morning after a fire occurred on their boat.
Two officials were dismissed from their positions and three others were disciplined with a warning after a karaoke bar fire broke out in Hà Nội’s Cầu Giấy District.
A major fire razed a one-floor house on Nguyễn Văn Quá Street in HCM City’s District 12 and killed three members of a family at about 3am this morning.
Poor electrical wiring is considered the most common cause of fire in every household, office, plant and trade complex, the city fire chief warned during a meeting with media on Friday.
In the first three months of the year, 121 fires, three-fourth of the number during the same period last year, occurred, injuring nine people.