|Chef Đỗ Minh Hạnh|
Let's make your own version of lasagna with a recipe from Chef Đỗ Minh Hạnh at Pane e Vino restaurant in Hà Nội
- Grated parmesan: 50gr
- Cheese for pizza: 70gr (20gr to add to the sauce, 50gr on top)
- Chicken egg: 1
- Ground beef: 200gr
- Half a medium-sized onion, chopped
- Celery: 100gr, chopped
- Carrot: 100gr, chopped
- Garlic: 5 cloves
- Laurel leaf: 5
- Olive oil: 30ml
- Red wine: 50ml
- Dried rosemary: 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes: 500gr
- Tomato paste: 1tsp
In a heated pan, add olive oil, then add the following in this order: garlic and onion, then carrot and celery, stir fry until golden brown and smell good, then add beef and tomato paste, mix well. When the meat is stirred well, add red wine, chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes and laurel leaves, slow cook for 3 hours.
- Butter: 2 tsp
- All-purpose flour: 70gr
- Fresh milk: 150ml
In a pan melt butter, use a wooden spoon mix the butter with flour and milk. Stir well for five to seven minutes until all is well blended
Dough to make layers:
- Chicken egg: 2
- Flour 200gr
Mix the egg with flour really well, knead well then roll into thin layers, cut into 8cm x 15cm rectangular slices to make several layers.
Mix the bolognese sauce well with chicken egg and bechamel sauce, heat the mixture then add parmesan, and pizza cheese, mix well and make three equal amounts.
- In a ceramic tray 8cm x 15cm, place one layer of dough in the bottom, then add one portion of the mixed sauce, then a dough layer, then sauce until the last layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of cheese on top.
- Set the oven at 180oC for 10 minutes, place the tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cover gets golden brown.
Tada, your lasagna with authentic Italian flavour is ready!