with Chef Lê Đức Hải from Ngon Garden Restaurant in Hà Nội
Chef Lê Đức Hải
Chayote tops are a favourite dish of many dinners, including gourmets because they have fresh characteristics and are tough and naturally fragrant. It is often picked as an appetiser in many restaurants.
- Chayote tops: 1kg
- Cooking oil: 3tbsp
- Garlic: 2 bulbs
- Broth mix: 1tbsp
- Salt: 10gr
Chayote tops stir-fried with garlic
How to cook:
- Peel the chayote top cover, take only young tops and cut them into 5cm pieces. Clean and soak them in light salt water for 10 minutes and clean again in plain water
- Peel the garlic, clean it and crush it
- Pour cooking oil into a pan over high heat, and put the bruised garlic in until it becomes yellow and fragrant before adding the chayote tops in with quick stir for 10 minutes. Then add one tablespoon of broth mix and 10gr salt and stir well for a while.
- This fried dish is green in colour with an aromatic flavour. The chayote tops are attractive sweet, soft but tough and mixed with tasty garlic. You will never forget its unique characteristics.
- You can sample the dish at Ngon Garden Restaurant in Hà Nội’s Nguyễn Du Street, one of the most beautiful streets in the capital. VNS