Monday, October 22 2018

VietNamNews

Policeman overdoses mistaking crystal meth for water

Update: September, 12/2018 - 07:00
Vĩnh Long Province General Hospital. — Photo thanhnien.vn
Viet Nam News

VĨNH LONG — A 26-year-old police offiicer has died in the Mekong Delta province of Vĩnh Long after drinking a massive overdose of liquid crystal meth.

Chợ Rẫy Hospital and the Central Institute of Forensic Psychiatry on Monday revealed that doctors from Vĩnh Long Province General Hospital where Nguyễn Đức Đạt was hospitalised had failed to check the patient’s medical records.

On July 13, Nguyễn Đức Đạt and his team raided a drug den in Long Phước District, after which, Đạt felt thirsty and drank what appeared to be water from a bottle at the scene.

According to Thanh Niên (Young People) newspaper, Đạt was rushed to Vĩnh Long Province General Hospital after showing signs of abnormal behaviour, from where he was transferred to the provincial hospital of psychiatry where he died an hour later.

Huỳnh Thanh Mộng, deputy director of the provincial police department, said they would work with the provincial People’s Procuracy and People’s Court to handle the case. — VNS

 

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: