Sunday, April 5 2020

VietNamNews

National beauty contest postponed due to COVID-19

Update: March, 12/2020 - 13:19

HÀ NỘI — The organisers of the Miss Việt Nam 2020 contest have decided to postpone the biennial event, which was scheduled to take place between May and August this year, due to the serious COVID-19 pandemic.

Top 3 Miss Viêt Nam 2018 (from left): Phương Nga, Tiểu Vy and Thúy An. File Photo

Lê Xuân Sơn, editor-in-chief of Tiền Phong (Vanguard) newspaper, also head of the event organising board, revealed the news, saying: “This is a very sensitive period, when the whole country has been spending much time and effort to prevent the outbreak of the disease.

“That’s why though we have prepared carefully for the event, the organising board decided to postpone the contest,” he said.

“The board will then decide how the registration process and other activities will take place according to the situation.”

“The undefined time is the biggest trouble of this year’s contest, I know,” he said.

Sơn added that the trouble has been shared by the whole society.

“The only thing we can do now is trying to prepare further for the contest, which will be organised when the situation gets better,” he said.

The 18th national contest’s rounds had been planned to take place in three regions between May and August.

The contest, which was first named Miss Tiền Phong Newspaper Contest, was the first national-level beauty contest in Việt Nam hosted by Tiền Phong newspaper since 1988. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: