|Slow-cooked clam worm stew|
The cold wind has finally hit the north, and home cook Nguyễn Thị Mai Phương suggests a top-rated slow-cooked Vietnamese stew. This dish tastes best with steamed rice when you are really hungry from waiting too long. So simple to make, yet beyond expectations.
- Fresh or frozen clam worm: 500gr
- Pork belly: 100g chopped into strips
- Lolot leaves: 10
- Mandarin peel: 50g
- Ginger leaves: 50g
- Dill: 10g
- Sour star fruit: 1
- Ginger: 20g, chopped
- Shallot: 2
- Fish sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh chilli: 3-5 small ones
|Home cook Nguyễn Thị Mai Phương|
- In an earthen pot on medium-high heat, add the the pork belly and chopped shallots
- Then add the clam worm, mixed with 2 tbsp of fish sauce, salt and pepper, and mix well
- Add all the rest of the chopped ingredients, and mix well again
- Cover the pot with a lid, set to a low flame for 3 hours or until the sauce is reduced.
Serve hot on freshly cooked rice.