With Chef Ooi Kar Kim of Pan Pacific Hanoi
Lobster is widely known for its rich nutritional quality and unique flavour. The taste of lobster can also be determined based on the specific cooking method. A good cooking method will bring out more of the savoury taste of a lobster and also softens its texture. Impress your family with this beautiful lobster recipe recommended by Chef Ooi Kar Kim.
|Singapore Chilli Lobster|
- Live lobster: 1kg
- Shallots: 5g
- Red chilli: 6g
- Lemongrass: one stick
- Garlic: 3g
- Ginger: 3g
- Tomatoes sauce: 2tbsp
- Chilli sauce: 3tbsp
- White vinegar: a bit
- Oyster sauce: half a tablespoon
- Chicken powder: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: a pinch
- Salt: a pinch
- Chicken egg:
- Mixed chopped peppers: a few
- Cut the lobster into cubes, and keep the lobster head and shell. Chop the chilli, shallot, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass into fine pieces.
- Heat the wok, add in the oil and deep fry the lobster shell and head. Take out the shell and head and prepare on the plate.
- Add the lobster cubes into the same wok and deep-fry until cooked, take out and let it strain.
- Heat the wok, add a little oil and sautée all the finely chopped ingredients until fragrant. Add the oyster sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, white vinegar and water. Then season and mix well to create the Singaporean chilli sauce.
- Add the peppers and cooked lobster cubes into the wok with the Singaporean chilli sauce, then mix well together and add the egg and mix again. Arrange the lobster cubes with the head and shell and serve.
You can enjoy the dish and other savoury dishes at the Ming Restaurant in the Pan Pacific Hanoi, 1 Thanh Niên Road, Ba Đình District, Hà Nội, Việt Nam, Tel: +84 (0)24 38238888.