Bình Dương police probes into the killing of three family members

April 26, 2019 - 04:06
Police force in Bình Dương province has coordinated with relevant agencies under the Ministry of Public Security to conduct the autopsy of and to carry out a post-mortem in an investigation on a murder in Tân Ba Quarter of Thái Hoà Ward in Bình Dương Province’s Tân Uyên Town.

BÌNH DƯƠNG  — The Bình Dương Province police have arrested a suspect in the murder of three members of a family who were found dead at home in Thái Hoà Ward in Tân Uyên town on Wednesday.

Trần Trọng Luận, 34, is a neighbour of the victims Đào Thị Thu Cúc, 54, her daughter Trần Thị Quỳnh Nhi, 17, and granddaughter Nguyễn Thị Bảo Trân, 8.

The three were found with multiple injures on their bodies on Wednesday morning.

The police said Cúc’s daughter Trần Minh Phương returned home after work at around 7am on Wednesday and found it locked.

Looking into the house, she saw her daughter Bảo Ngân lying motionless on the floor with blood stains around her.

She called her neighbours for assistance and they broke into the house only to find Ngân as well as her mother and younger sister dead.

Cúc had three children, two of whom are married.

Shortly after being informed, Colonel Trịnh Ngọc Quyên, head of the Bình Dương Police, and Colonel Trần Văn Chình, head of its investigation Division, arrived at the scene.

According to the police, Luận frequently used to visit Cúc’s home but was unhappy that Nhi disregarded him. 

Suspect Trần Trọng Luận poses at the Bình Dương police’s investigation division. VNS File Photo

On Tuesday, after losing money gambling, he intended to commit suicide but then thought of Nhi and went to her home and allegedly committed the heinous crime.

The police said at around midnight on Tuesday he broke into the house through its sheet metal roof carrying three knives and a machete.

Seeing Cúc waking up, he fatally slashed her with the machete before killing Nhi and Ngân.

He then went home, took a bath, went out to discard the weapons at a place 100 metres away, and returned home to try and commit suicide by overdosing on drugs, the police said.

The murder weapons have been found. — VNS