As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ provides advisory services to the Vietnamese Government in three priority areas: (1) Vocational training, (2) Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and (3) Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The “Climate Protection through Sustainable Bioenergy Markets in Vietnam (BEM)” project implemented by GIZ is looking for a Local Consulting Firm to conduct a “development of calculation tools for estimation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction potential of pilot projects under cooperation of BEM project”.
On behalf of “Climate Protection through Sustainable Bioenergy Markets in Vietnam (BEM)”, the GIZ Office Hanoi is conducting a public tender to seek qualified Local Consulting Firm(s) (here after called as LCF) for the assignment as follows:
Tentative duration: from 15th June 2023 until 30th Aug 2023Place of assignment:Hanoi LCF’s number of working days: Up to 140 mandaysRequirements:
- The selected LCF is expected to have extensive expertise, from 15 years, but not below 10 years of experiences in the field of sustainable development, climate change including GHG inventory, carbon monitoring, bioenergy technology as well as carbon financing.
- Having a clear organization and personnel structure
- The LCF shall have a representative office in Hanoi
- Ability to mobilize a team of local experts. The below-specified qualifications represent the requirements to reach the maximum points, in which:
o 04 positions must be staff of the LCF:
- 01 Team Leader to be responsible for overall coordination, consolidated reporting, and quality assurance of deliverables. Team leader is expected to have at least 20 years of experience in sustainable development as renewable energy, energy efficiency, green financing, piloting, etc. ...; particularly being familiar with GHG emission calculation, knowledge of IPCC’s GHG inventory protocol, emission factor, worldwide bioenergy generation markets and project management. Education: Master’s degree in Climate Change, environment or similar.
- 01 Technical expert in bioenergy technology to be responsible for validation of technical inputs of pilot projects for calculation tools. Technical expert should have at least 18 years of experience in sustainable development as renewable energy, waste minimization, low carbon technology... and good understanding of the measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) framework on GHG reduction. Experiences in the field of bioenergy is an asset. Education: Master’s degree in Energy, Waste engineering or similar.
- 01 Climate change expert on Green House Gas (GHG) inventory to be responsible for selection and development of GHG emission reduction calculation methods. Climate Change expert should have at least 18 years of experience in sustainable development as renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy transition, GHG emission inventory, GHG emission reduction... and extensive knowledge of IPCC’s GHG inventory protocol, emission factor, good understanding of the measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) framework on GHG reduction and bioenergy projects. Education: With preferable Master degree in climate change, sustainable development, environment engineering, energy economic or similar.
- 01 Coordinator to be responsible to engagement with different stakeholders in this study. Coordinator should have at least 11 years of experience in sustainable development as renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy transition, environmental management and/or engineering as well as stakeholder engagement; 5 years of experience in supporting the implementation of research, projects, preferred in sustainable development; Working experience in survey, interview, communication with different levels of stakeholders, coordination. Working experience in documentation/ reporting/ knowledge management work. Education: At least Master’s degree in environment, business administrative, sustainable science or similar.
e. Rejection criteria: LCF or leading firm of consortium will be rejected if having less than 10 years experiences in the field of sustainable development, climate change including GHG inventory, carbon monitoring, bioenergy technology as well as carbon financing; and cannot provide Valid Legal Status (having copy of business registration/ decision establishment + VAT code, incl. related business area about sustainable development or similar area); Missing either audited financial report or annual tax report of the last 3 years (for Firm).
Interested LCFs are requested to send the eligibility dossier in Vietnamese and English or English only including
1. Letter of interest (with Director’s or authorised person’s signature and company stamp)
2. LCF profile (incl. Business license (for firm) or Decision of establishment (for association), Tax code registration, organisational chart, summary of experience in policy sector)
3. Audited financial reports of the last 03 years. Important/key information in the audited financial reports or in annual tax reports must be translated into English if documents are in Vietnamese
4. Consortium agreement and nomination of consortium leading firm (if at least 02 entities joint the assignment)
For your better preparation, receipt of Eligibility Assessment Sheet, Code of Conduct, Guidance on filetransfer and Regulation for Bidder-Contractor on consequences when submitting falsified information and bidding documents, please send email request to Question-from-bidder-PoS-VN@giz.de before 21.04.2023
LCFs send Eligibility dossiers to VN_PoS_Quotation@giz.de latest by 17:00 (Hanoi time) on 05.05.2023 with email subject: “Tender 83436038-BEM/GIZ: Eligibility dossier”.
GIZ is obliged to ensure the confidentiality of all bidding documents submitted.
1. Request of eligibility assessment to be sent to Question-from-bidder-PoS-VN@giz.de before 21.04.2023
2. Eligibility assessment related questions to be sent to Question-from-bidder-PoS-VN@giz.de before 26.04.2023
3. Eligibility dossier to be sent to VN_PoS_Quotation@giz.de before 5 PM on 05.05.2023. Sending documents to wrong email address will lead to disqualification of the bidder.
4. For data protection and information security reason: In case the total volume of your bids is below 10 MB, you can attach them directly in the email sent to us. In case the total volume of your bids is above 10 MB, the files must be sent via GIZ filetransfer system. We will provide the guidance on how to use filetransfer to interested bidders. Files sent via other applications/systems such as google drive, dropbox…will not be accepted.
5. Only selected bidders will be contacted for receipt of tender dossier.