Thạch Thất District General Hospital in Hà Nội's suburban area. Photo vietnamplus.vn
HÀ NỘI - Hà Nội’s Department of Health on Tuesday asked Thạch Thất District General Hospital to report on the death of a 15-month-old boy who was hospitalised for bronchitis last Saturday and died a day later.
According to the hospital’s initial report, the boy was hospitalised on Saturday morning with coughing and fever. He was diagnosed with bronchitis.
He was injected with medicine to treat bronchitis twice at the hospital without any abnormal signs. On Sunday afternoon, the boy reportedly had breathing difficulties, increased secretion of phlegm and mucus and an abnormal heart rate. He was then given an epinephrine injection, electric shocks and endotracheal intubation but the doctors failed to save the boy.
The hospital director Vương Trung Kiên said after the incident, the team who delivered medical treatment and emergency to the boy was suspended while an expert group examined the team's work to see if they had made any mistakes.
The hospital is working with authorities to investigate the boy’s death. VNS