SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - March 18, 2019 - Plantronics, Inc. (NYSE: PLT) ("Poly"),today announced that the company will transform into Poly, a technology companyfocused on the human experience of communications and collaboration, aiming tomake communication as rich and natural as in-person.
Poly, which means"many", leverages the legendary audio and video expertise of Plantronics and Polycomand its breadth of smart endpoints that connect across and between unifiedcommunications platforms to reduce the distractions, complexity, and distancein the modern workspace. Poly aims to be the solution of choice whenever andwherever collaboration clouds reach people.
"Today feels like my first day as CEO of a new company,"said Joe Burton, president and chief executive officer, Poly. "We see limitlessopportunity for how people communicate and collaborate today. With advancementsin AI, machine learning and new technologies, we see a future where Poly makesthe connection, then quietly steps out of the way to become the one thing you don't notice in the meeting."
Poly will focus on four distinct areas of innovation:
- Making workspaces intuitively work for everyone.The modern open office has introduced distraction and noise into the workplace, leading to lower productivity and employee satisfaction. Poly offerssolutions today to address audible distraction in open spaces as well astechnologies that make huddle rooms as powerful as traditional board rooms.
- Helping people collaborate, their way. People arenow using three or more collaboration solutions in a given day and needendpoints that work with and across those solutions. Poly offers a wide rangeof solutions to meet this growing need.
- Designing solutions that are mobile-first forthe modern workforce. Whether it is using a personal smart phone as a "businessphone" or navigating through a day where personal and business blend, workersneed voice and video capabilities that move with them. Poly's recentlyannounced Elara 60 recognizes this is the new normal and joins Poly'saward-winning mobile headsets to give people high quality tools to beproductive from anywhere.
- Advancing cloud services that help IT pros andusers get more out of their devices. As the macro trend of end user empowermentcontinues, IT pros are more challenged to know what is being used, and where. Polyis focused on making easy-to-use solutions also easy to manage.
The Poly logo honors the company's new path forward as wellas its legacy: Its lava red color and angle of letters form a propeller toreflect Plantronics' 60-year aviation lineage while its three legs are inspiredby the design of Polycom's iconic conference phone.
"Our new brand represents the many elements of our history thatwe bring together to enable people to work the way we all work now, which isanywhere and across multiple collaboration tools," said Amy Barzdukas, executivevice president and chief marketing officer, Poly. "No other company has as manycommunications devices and services that we offer across any platform ofchoice, and the true power will be in how we bring them together so people cando more."
New Solutions, DemonstratedHands-On
Starting today at Enterprise Connect 2019, Poly is unveilingnew products and services to realize the company vision. Visitors to the Polybooth (#713) will have a chance to meet with executives to learn more about thenew company and its latest offerings, which include:
- PolycomStudio, an easy-to-use video USB bar that upgrades huddle rooms to businessclass and works with services like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype for Business,Google Meet, Cisco Webex, or Amazon Chime.
- PlantronicsElara 60 Series, themobile phone station designed for the increasingly mobile-first worker andprovides users with a one-touch Microsoft Teams experience.
- Eagle Eye Cube, a video conference camera with4k sensors for crystal clear image quality as well as rich sound to upgrademeetings in small to mid-sized rooms. Eagle Eye Cube is designed to work withmany existing solutions including Polycom Trio with VisualPro and Group Series.
- Blackwire 7225, an intuitive UC headset designedfor concentration in open offices with a sleek, boomless design. Blackwire7225's active noise cancellation allows for focus so people can work, listen tomusic and sound professional on calls from a PC or Mac.
- The Plantronics Status Indicator, a wiredpresence indicator that sits on your desktop and connects with whatevercommunications platform you're using to let others know if you are available,on a call or away from your desk. Visual and audio alerts sound for messagesand calls.
- Plantronics headsets and Polycom phones provide end users 'better together' functionality, allowing basic and advanced headset features to be easily changed directly from the desk phone touch screen interface, without the need for a connected PC.
- The latest version of Plantronics Manager Pro,v3.13, gives IT pros the confidence of knowing what devices they have, what'sworking, and what's not -- and what to do about it.
- Polycom Device Management Service forEnterprises, which nowsupports and manages Polycom Studio as well as added API functions for bettercontrol and management of large deployments.
Poly encourages partners andcustomers to share what they want to see in their communications technology bothat Enterprise Connect and on Poly's social channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
For more information on Poly andits technology, visit: www.poly.com
Poly is a global communications company that powersmeaningful human connection and collaboration. Poly combines legendary audioexpertise and powerful video and conferencing capabilities to overcome thedistractions, complexity and distance that make communication in and out of theworkplace challenging. Poly believes in solutions that make life easier whenthey work together and with ourpartner's services. Our headsets, software, desk phones, audio and videoconferencing, analytics and services are used worldwide and are a leadingchoice for every kind of workspace. For more information, please visit: www.poly.com.
Poly and the propeller design are trademarks ofPlantronics, Inc. All other trademarksare the property of their respective owners.