Amazon Customers Worldwide Ordered More than18 Million Toys and More than 13 Million Fashion Items than on Black Friday andCyber Monday, Combined
Black Friday was the biggest shopping dayfor Prime Now in Singapore, since launch, exceeding Cyber Monday 2017 and PrimeDay
SINGAPORE - MediaOutReach - 29 November 2018 - Amazonannounced that Cyber Monday was once again the single biggest shopping day inthe company's history with more products ordered worldwide than any other day.Black Friday also broke records this year; customers worldwide ordered millions more products on BlackFriday this year than they did in 2017 on the same day. In fact, Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 18 milliontoys and more than 13 million fashion items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday,combined.
"Black Friday andCyber Monday continue to break records on Amazon year over year, which tells usthat customers love shopping for deals to kick off the holiday shoppingseason," stated Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer. "With curated giftguides, convenient shopping experiences, incredible product selection, and freeshipping on millions of items, Amazon offerscustomers tremendous value -- sure to deliver smiles all season long."
"We have been delightedby the strong response from customers in Singapore this Black Friday and CyberMonday. In fact, Singapore customer purchases in the Prime Now App morethan doubled compared to last year's Black Friday,"said Kourosh Kaghazian, Country Manager, Singapore. "With access to tens ofthousands of items for ultra-fast delivery in Singapore and more than 7 millioninternational products shipped from Amazon US, we are continuing to work hardto deliver smiles to customers this holiday season."
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Highlights:
- Black Friday was the biggest shopping day forPrime Now in Singapore, since launch, exceeding Cyber Monday 2017 and Prime Day.
- Black Friday sales were more than 2x higher than2017 on Prime Now selection in Singapore.
- Play-Doh Shape and Learn Letters and Language was the best-selling item on Prime Nowin Singapore on Black Friday.
- Paperone All Purpose, A4 80 GSM, 1 Ream, 500 Sheets was the best-sellingitem on Prime Now in Singapore on Cyber Monday.
- Otherbest-selling products from Black Friday included Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO SelectMemory Card with Adapter; Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise CancellingHeadphones; and Canon IXUS185 Digital Camera Red.
- Other best-selling products from Cyber Monday included LEGO Duplo CreativeBox, Multi Color; Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera Margarita Green;and Oral-B Genius 9000 Electric Toothbrush Black.
Prime members in Singapore have access to millions of items viathe Prime Now App. Amazon Prime in Singapore is currently available for S$2.99per month. Prime membership benefits in Singapore include:
- FreeTwo-Hour Delivery on Tens of Thousands of Items: Ultra-fast delivery on tens ofthousands of items with free two-hour delivery on orders over S$40, between10am and 10pm daily. Items range from groceries toelectronics, including a variety of new brands added to Prime Now since thelaunch such as Yakult, Dell, Tefal, Sambucol, Bausch & Lomb and Pinkfong,as well as new categories including fresh flowers, organic fruits and internationalfoods.
- FreeInternational Shipping on more than 7 Million of Items: Unlimited free shipping in 7 to 9 businessdays on orders over S$60 from International Selection via the Prime Now App onmore than 7 million international products shipped directly to you from AmazonUS. Products include a wide selection of top brands such as Leap Frog, CalvinKlein, Rubbermaid, Zojirushi, BCB Generation, The Children's Space, Pet Safe,Rebecca Minkoff, and Melissa and Doug.
- AmazonPrime Video: Prime memberscan stream or download popular and award-winning Prime Original series like TheGrand Tour, Golden Globe and Emmy award winner The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan starring John Krasinski, Homecoming starringJulia Roberts, and many more. Prime members can watch anytime, anywhere via thePrime Video App on Android and iOS phones and tablets, smart TVs, game consolesor online at www.primevideo.com.
- TwitchPrime: Prime membersenjoy a selection of free games every month, free in-game loot for the world'smost popular games, a free broadcaster subscription every 30 days, exclusivechat emotes, and more at https://www.twitch.tv.
Make Every Day Better withAmazon Prime
Amazon Prime is now available in17 countries, including Singapore. Over 100 million paid members around theworld enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including shopping and entertainment.Since 2005, Prime has been focused on makingcustomers' lives better every day. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime atwww.amazon.com.sg.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession ratherthan competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operationalexcellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping,personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle DirectPublishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some ofthe products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/aboutand follow @AmazonNews.