Viet Nam News
with executive chef Desmond Carneiro from Pullman Vũng Tàu
Wagyu Tenderloin Steak
Wagyu beef is renowned for its flavoured textures. Let us have a try with tender and juicy tenderloin steak, a recipe by chef Carneiro of Riviera Restaurant!
Ingredients: serves 1
- 200g wagyu beef tenderloin
- 10g sal
- 10g black pepper
- 20ml olive oil
To make the sauce:
- 50g shallots
- 10g garlic
- 10g rosemary
- 20ml vinegar
- 10g salt
- a little butter
- Sauté the shallots in a medium saucepan with the oil over a high heat for about 3 minutes until lightly browned, stirring often.
- Season with ground black pepper and add the garlic and rosemary. Continue cooking for a further 3 minutes, stirring often to prevent the shallots burning.
- Pour in the vinegar and cook until it evaporates to a syrup, then pour in the wine and cook until it reduces by two thirds.
- Pour in the stock and bring it to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until it reduces by two-thirds again, to around 250ml. Remove the garlic and rosemary. Add a little salt to taste and finally ’monte’ (whisk) in a knob of butter. Add any juices from the steaks just before serving.
This dish can be sampled at Riviera Restaurant, Pullman Vũng Tàu – 15 Thi Sách St, Tháng Tám Ward, Vũng Tàu City. Call 064 355 1777 for enquiries or reservations.