with Chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Indulge in the succulent flavours and dedicate textures of this new summer dish. Delicious with tender and juicy scallops prepared to perfection with an aromatic twist of fried crab meat and egg whites. Served in crispy batter with a subtle touch of Chinese berries, this is definitely not to be missed!
Ingredients: served 2
8 egg whites
3 Chinese berries
50g crab meat
200ml fresh milk
1 bowl wheat flour
50ml cooking oil
chef Patrick Ho
- Mix egg whites with crab meat and fresh milk and leave for around 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour 50ml of oil into a dry pan, add the mixture of egg, crab and milk in and stir fry to medium.
- Wash and drain scallops, marinate with oil, salt and pepper. Heat the pan to a high temperature; add 50ml of oil to the pan, deep fry scallops to golden brown on both sides, put aside.
- Pour the rest oil into a deep pan and mix the wheat flour with some water. Pour the batter into the boiling oil in rows and columns. Use a ladle to shape the batter into desired shape before it’s crispy.
- Place the crispy batter onto the plate, pour the stir-fried crab meat and white egg yolk into the batter, and finish with the scallops and berries.
This delicate dish can be enjoyed at May Mắn Chinese Cuisine, Fortuna Hotel Hanoi, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 04 3831 3333, Ext 6260. Website: fortuna.vn.