Viet Nam News
with chef Nguyễn Văn Tuân from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Port wine and juicy rotisserie chicken are the keys to a delicious and robust dish that’s ready in minutes. Make the dish and impress everyone any night of the week.
Ingredients: serves 8
· 2 cups of cooked chicken, pulled
· 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
· ½ yellow or orange pepper, cut into chunks
· ½ large sweet onion, cut into chunks
· 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 2 cans diced tomatoes, Italian style
· 2 tbsp tomato paste, Italian style
· 1 cup port wine
· 1 tsp sugar
· 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
· Cajun seasoning, to taste
· ¼ cup fresh Italian or flat leaf parsley, chopped
· 1 box rotini or favourite pasta, cooked according to directions
· In a large skillet over medium-high heat sauté peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
· Season initially with Cajun seasoning.
· Add tomatoes, paste, sugar and Italian seasoning.
· Add wine and cook until liquid is reduced.
· Mix chicken in sauce and cook until heated thru.
· Taste to adjust seasoning.
· Toss with cooked garden rotini or favourite pasta that will hold sauce well.
· Garnish with parsley.
You can enjoy the dish at Fortuna Hotel, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (84 – 4) 3831 3333 – 6435/6437/6413. Website: email@example.com | fortuna.vn.