Saturday, December 4 2021


Documents required for foreigners when traveling on domestic flights

Update: June, 22/2021 - 09:15


Passengers checking in at Nội Bài Airport. VNA/VNS Photoo

HÀ NỘI — The Civil Aviation Administration of Việt Nam has announced new requirements for documents when foreigners are travelling on domestic flights.

All foreigners travelling on internal flights must have a valid passport that has been approved for entry and travel within the country.

Alternatively, United Nations laissez-passer; emergency travel documents issued by foreign representative offices in Việt Nam; or foreign countries' documents issued to Vietnamese residing abroad (US green card, long-term residence card) are also accepted.

For holders of temporary residence cards that include a photo and passport details, no further documentation is needed for domestic flights.

Holders of temporary residence cards or certificates of foreign passengers without a photo will require further documents to take domestic flights.

If they do not have a photo, relevant authorities only accept temporary residence cards or certificates of foreign nationals for domestic flights in the following cases: temporary residence cards or certificates issued in a passport or in passport form; temporary residence cards, certificates or temporary residence extensions issued on the back of the separate visa with the photo and passport number of the passenger.

In case a foreign national has lost their passport and is issued an emergency travel document by a foreign representative office in Việt Nam, the Immigration Department under the Ministry of Public Security will grant an extension of temporary residence to the document or attach a separate visa.

The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam also noted that foreigners with border travel documents are only allowed to travel within the border area (for the Chinese border route); border province (for the border line of Laos and Cambodia); and border-gate economic zones (for border provinces).

If a foreign passenger is using a travel document with an entry stamp at the land border gate to take domestic flights, the ground service units will co-operate with the aviation security control force to notify and coordinate with the border gate police to check and determine the travel range of passengers. VNS




Send Us Your Comments:

See also: