|Nguyễn Xuân Đường, 49, also called Đường 'Nhuệ'. —Photo vietnamplus.vn|
HÀ NỘI — Deputy Prime Minister Trương Hòa Bình has asked agencies of Thái Bình Province to look into allegations that Nguyễn Xuân Đường, 49, also called Đường 'Nhuệ' and his accomplices injured a man.
The move came after local media reported that on March 30, a 24-year-old shipper of Phúc Cường Transport Service Co Ltd agreed to transport a package for Đường’s company from Thái Bình Province to Hà Nội.
Đường and his wife Nguyễn Thị Dương own Đường Dương Co Ltd. The company specialises in real estate, construction, import, and exports, per its business registration certificate. Đường is also suspected of being a loan shark.
However, the shipper and the recipient of the package failed to agree on the delivery location at first, resulting in an argument and late delivery.
After that, Đường called to threaten the shipper and instructed him to return to Thái Bình Province to meet him.
At about 6:20pm on March 30, the shipper and his company’s manager met Đường at his house, also the headquarters of Đường's company at No 366 Lê Quý Đôn Street, Kỳ Bá Ward, Thái Bình City.
After being questioned by Đường about the late delivery, the shipper was allegedly beaten by Đường’s wife and two of Đường's employees - Nguyễn Đức Mạnh and Phạm Ngọc Quý.
Authorities determined the victim suffered a broken jawbone and a broken nose.
The shipper then reported the case to the provincial Police Department. After investigating, the department on April 7 decided to arrest Dương, Mạnh and Quý for allegedly intentionally causing injuries under Clause 2, Article 134, the 2015 Penal Code.
After further investigation, on April 9, the department arrested Đường on the same allegations. However, Đường escaped. The police then issued a wanted notice for him nationwide.
Đường was arrested on April 10 hiding in Hòa Hậu Commune, Lý Nhân District, Hà Nam Province.
On Monday, the police arrested suspects Phạm Xuân Hòa and Đào Văn Bằng for allegations relating to the case.
Deputy PM Bình said following reports of local media, Đường and his accomplices were also thought to have committed many crimes in the province over the years. It is unclear whether they have previously been charged with any offence.
Bình told the provincial police department to expand the investigation into Đường and his accomplices for any other possible crimes.
The police department was required to send the initial investigation report of the case to the Government’s Standing Steering Committee 138 for consideration no later than April 30. Then the committee will report the case to Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc. — VNS