Instilled positivity among 800 beneficiaries and fundraised for Mental Health Foundation
HONG KONG, CHINA - Media OutReach - 19 October2020 - AXA Hong Kong is committed toenhancing the holistic wellness of Hong Kong people. This year, AXA CorporateResponsibility Week ('CR Week') mobilised 300 volunteers to promote mentalhealth through a series of remote volunteering activities to support underprivilegedfamilies and individuals with mental health challenges and raised funds forMental Health Foundation.
This year's AXA CorporateResponsibility Week mobilised 300 volunteers to promote mental health through aseries of remote volunteering activities to support 800 beneficiaries from underprivilegedfamilies with mental health challenges and raised funds for Mental HealthFoundation.
In this year's CR Week, AXA Hong Kong collaborated with fivenon-governmentalorganisations ('NGOs'), including Christian Action, Mental Health Foundation,New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, St. James' Settlement and HongKong Young Women's Christian Association, tocreate DIYmental-healing items. These items were later sent to 800 beneficiaries withmental health challenges, together with gift packs consisting of staple fooditems, anti-epidemic items and daily necessities.
The DIY mental-healing items madeby volunteers include:
- Drawings from Art Jamming: Paintings withmental-healing colours to bring positivity to families with member(s) sufferingfrom mental health issues.
- Cheer-up Booklets: Booklets with supportivemessages to families with children who have special educational needs to showencouragement and support.
- Rain Sticks: For families with children withspecial educational needs. The sound of rain will stimulate the sense ofhearing for them.
- 'Positive Stand by Me' MessageBoards: Message boards withencouragement for individuals with mental health issues.
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle PlantPot: Used plasticbottles were repurposed to become plant pots for kids to complete the designwith their parents and start planting their own plant.
What's more, near200 financialconsultants together with their families and friends joined the 'Sports Challenge' organised by AXA Group, in which they had to doone-hour walking or running in a weekend. With each participation, AXA HongKong would make a donation in the name of the participants to Mental HealthFoundation. For each participant who walked or ran 2km to 5km, AXA Hong Kong willdonate HKD100; for those completed more than 5km, AXA Hong Kong will donateHKD200 for each of them. Collectively the volunteers completed 789km,equivalent to almost 19 marathons, and raised close to HKD25,000 for Mental HealthFoundation.