BANGKOK, THAILAND - MediaOutReach - November 28, 2018 - Globaltechnology-solutions provider Arrow Electronics today hosted an internet ofthings (IoT) technology seminar with a wide range of IoT and sensing technologysolutions on display at the exhibition in Bangkok, Thailand. The event provided aplatform for local startups and enterprises to acquire the latest IoTtechnology know-how and to exchange insights on how to implement the latest IoTtechnology and foster smart city development.
Arrow Electronics Teams up with 10 Global Technology Suppliers to Help Thai Businesses Adopt Integrated IoT Solutions
According to a survey conducted by Asia IoT BusinessPlatform in 2017, companies in Thailand were most likely (89%) to exploreand/or implement IoT solutions. This was followed by Malaysia (86%), Indonesia(83%), the Philippines (80%) and Vietnam (79%).Thailand's IoT spending is forecast to increase by 1600% by 2020.
"Thailand is one ofthe fastest growing markets in ASEAN and the government's ambition is to developthe country, by advancing infrastructure and connectivity. There is significantpotential for businesses in Thailand to provide technological support andfacilitate that growth," said Mr. Pornchai Pruksaratananon, a committee memberof the Thai Embedded Systems Association, in a welcome speech at the seminar. "This seminar provides insights and guidancefor industry experts to explore how best to utilize IoT technology to improve ourbusiness ecosystem."
"We are excited to be collaborating with 10 globaltechnology suppliers to develop intelligent and IoT-enabled devices and to helpIoT practitioners overcome their time-to-market challenges," said Mr. NatarajanMM, vice president of sales, South Asia for Arrow's Asia-Pacific componentsbusiness. "Together with ourworld-class capabilities, this alliance will further accelerate theimplementation of IoT technology in the physical environment and driveimprovements in local business practices in Thailand."
During the seminar, engineering experts from Arrow andtechnology suppliers introduced the latest IoT trends and emergingtechnologies. A wide range of IoT and sensing technology solutions were displayedin the exhibition, including:
- Analog Devices' Blackfin low-power imageprocessor/SmartMesh connectivity/Cog Development Platform for Ultra Low PowerApplications
- Cypress' wireless internet connectivity forembedded device platform /PSoC 6/energy harvesting power management IC for IoTsensor node
- Honeywell's sensing and IoT products (airquality/test & measurement sensors/sensing solutions for heavy dutypressure and industrial automation)
- Infineon's TPM based authentication as ahardware root of trust to secure an IoT application
- Kemet's polymer/relay/super cap/MSABGproducts
- ON Semiconductor's Bluetooth/Sigfoxconnectivity/configurable and node-to-cloud IoT development kit//image andsmart passive sensor
- Quectel's UMTS & LTE evaluation kit and smartevaluation kit
- Silicon Lab's wireless Gecko system-on-chipconnecting both Zigbee and Bluetooth devices /Bluetooth control and sensingusing Thurderboard Sense (humidity/temperature/accelerometer/lightsensing/magnetic field)/Zwave home automation solution
- TE Connectivity's data center server productsto optimize the design of server configuration/switching and routers --interconnect and cabling solutions to increase bandwidth, density andreliability/wide range of I/O, board to board, power products to achievestorage performance objectives
- Western Digital's embedded and removablestorage tailored for industrial and IoT space: eMMC, UFS , SATA/PCIe SSD,industrial removable
Arrow'scomprehensive sensor-to-sunset portfolio ranges from sensors, wirelessconnectivity, gateways to cloud platforms, data ingestion, aggregation andvisualization, analytics, and security. Service capabilities span ideation, design, integration, manufacturing,logistics, financing, marketing, monitoring and managed services, andsustainable and secure end-of-life cycle disposition.
Arrow Electronics is aglobal provider of products, services and solutions to industrial andcommercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions.Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 originalequipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, andcommercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80countries. Learn more at fiveyearsout.com.