Wednesday, August 15 2018

VietNamNews

Quảng Bình halts caving trips due to unexpected floods

Update: July, 24/2018 - 16:46
A shot of the world’s biggest cave Sơn Đoòng. — Photo courtesy of Nguyễn Châu Á
Viet Nam News

QUẢNG BÌNH — The Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park in Quảng Bình Province has halted all caving activities due to unexpected floods.

The park’s authorities said they had temporarily closed the entrances to the Dark Cave, Moọc Spring, Phong Nha Cave and Tiên Sơn Cave.

In recent days, floods have raised water levels on Son River, blocking the entrances and flooding part of the caves.

Authorities have also warned tour operators inside the park territory, including Thiên Đường (Paradise) Cave.

Nguyễn Châu Á, director of Oxalis, the sole tour operator to the world’s biggest cave Sơn Đoòng, said tours had been cancelled for the same reason.

However, floodwater in Én Cave receded on Monday, making it possible for trips to resume.  — VNS

 

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: