Sunday, April 11 2021


Quảng Nam FC heads table until next round

Update: January, 23/2017 - 08:00
To the top: Players from Quảng Nam FC celebrate their win over Hải Phòng. — VOV website photo
Viet Nam News



HÀ NỘI — Quảng Nam Football Club rose to the top of the table after beating Hải Phòng FC after three qualifying matches of the 19th round at the ongoing V-League took place yesterday in Quảng Nam, Bình Dương and Quảng Ninh provinces.

Hosting Hải Phòng FC at home, Coach Hoàng Văn Phúc and his men won a tricky match against a team feeling confident after beating Sana Khánh Hòa in the previous round.

The first 30min of the game was a struggle for both teams and no goal was forthcoming. The last 15 minutes of the first half heated up when Quảng Nam was awarded a penalty after Văn Phú of Hải Phòng FC fouled Claudecir in the box. Captain Đinh Thanh Trung sent the ball skyward and the first half ended goalless.

Ten minutes into the second half, Phan Thanh Hưng sent a sharp pass to Đình Thắng, who scored the first goal for Quảng Nam.

Coach Trương Việt Hoàng of Hải Phòng FC changed tactics after conceding the goal.

After tireless efforts, Hải Phòng striker Erol Anthony Stevens headed the ball into Quảng Nam’s net.

The two teams had to start all over again. Quảng Nam coach Hoàng Văn Phúc sent Đại Dương to replace Minh Tuấn.

When everyone thought the game was going to end even for both teams, Quảng Nam captain Trung surprised fans by shooting toward goal and raising the score to 2-1.

With the win, Quảng Nam FC notched up 34 points and headed up the scoreboard, pressuring FLC Thanh Hóa in their match against XSKT Cần Thơ on September 23.

Before this match, Becamex Bình Dương FC played Sông Lam Nghệ An in Bình Dương and each earned a point in an unimpressive match that ended in a draw.

At the same time, in the coastal province of Quảng Ninh, SHB Đà Nẵng and Quảng Ninh FC had a great game in which Đà Nẵng won 2-0, taking 3 points and putting them in 4th.

The first half didn’t see any goals. At 65’ Anh Tuấn rushed forward to shoot after the first shot by Captain Vũ Phong hit goalie Tuấn Linh and bounced back.

At 90’, Eydison passed the ball, allowing A Mít, the new replacement in the second half, to power towards the Quảng Ninh goal.

Quảng Ninh dominated possession (57%) but SHB Đà Nẵng made up for it with some effective defence.

V-League will continue tomorrow after a one day break. — VNS



Send Us Your Comments:

See also: