- VinFast'sstrategic vision to become a global high-tech automobile brand;
- Threenew Smart EV models: VF31, VF32, VF33; In particular, VF32 and VF33 will recieveorders in US and Canadian and Europeanmarket in November 2021;
- VinFast applies self-driving up to level 4 and other advanced technologies such as:artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning (Deep Learning), facialrecognition, multi-lingual virtual assistant, etc.;
HANOI, VIETNAM - Media OutReach - 22 January 2021 -On 22 January 2021, VinFast announced3 brand new self-driving electric SUV models, using AI with many outstanding smart features. This is an importantmilestone, affirming the vision of becoming a global smart electric vehiclecompany; and contributing to bringing Vietnam to a new level on the world map of automobile industry.
With this strategicvision, after only 3 years in operation, VinFast has successfully researchedand developed the first three self-driving electric cars: VF31, VF32, VF33. All3 SUVs are multi-purpose vehicles, with a strong and trendy high-chassisdesign; capable of steering and self-driving assistance; equipped withoutstanding safety and intelligence features.
In particular, the VF31is a mid-sized SUV/C-segment withbasic self-driving and steering assistance features such as lane departurewarning, blind spot warning, vehicle cross-section warning when reversing,vehicle warning from behind when opening. door, reverse camera, 360 camera,front-back parking assist sensor, automatic headlight ...
VF32 (mid-size SUV/D-segment) and VF33 (full-size SUV/E-segment) own self-driving level of 2-3, with 30 intelligent features dividedinto 7 groups including: driver assistance, lane control, speed control, scenecollision warning and mitigation, parking assistance and driver monitoring.This is among the few vehicles in the world, which reach level 3 autopilotcapability, affirming VinFast's R&D capacity and ability to deployhigh-class, pioneering products.
In particular, the full-option versions of VF33, VF32 and VF31 own high-performance sensor systemsincluding LiDAR sensors; 14 cameras are capable of detecting objects up to 687maway; 19 360-degree sensors allow warning and handling at high speeds (above 100km/h). The self-driving system controlled bythe Orin-X chip can process up to 200 GB of data per second, allowing controland navigation up to eight times faster than current generations. In addition,the full-optionversions of all 3 models are equipped with some level 4 autopilot features suchas automatic 3-dimensional map setting (first and only in the market), auto-detect parking slot and auto-parking; summoning vehicles... with theability to connect with the transport system and smart cities, bringingcomfort, safety and high-classexperience to the users.
In addition tooutstanding autopilot features - with the "customer-centric" philosophy- VinFast specially invests in smart features (virtual cockpit) with advancedtechnologies such as artificial intelligence technology (AI), deep learning (Deep Learning), facial recognition,multi-lingual virtual assistant, etc. The above features not only open up aspace for enjoyment, but also fully customizable to personalize the vehicleaccording to the characteristics and usage habits of the owner. This is anoutstanding difference that VinFast focuseson accelerating user experience, creating every most valuable moment, onlyavailable in VinFast electric cars.
In terms of safety, all 3 models meet the world's highest safetystandards such as NHTSA 5*, Euro NCAP 5* with automatic detection, warning andnotification systems to medical centers when users have accident. The batteries are arranged underthe floor of the car, with heat resistance from 400C to 800C toensure absolute safety when driving.In addition, all vehicles have automatic updating software and detecting faults and contacting service stations, etc.
The VF31 car is expectedto start receiving orders in Vietnam from May 2021, and hand over to customers from November 2021.
VF32 and VF33 will receiveorders from September 2021 inVietnam,hand over from February 2022. In the US and Canadian, European market, VinFast will receive orders fromNovember 2021 and hand over from June 2022.
The launch of smartelectric vehicles, including electric scooters, electric buses and electriccars, is part of VinFast's predetermined roadmap since joining the auto market - 3 years ago. In addition to the most modernfactory complex in Southeast Asia in Vietnam, VinFast currently owns a networkof R&D centers in Australia, Germany and the US; and a world-class vehicletesting center in Australia. This is a solid foundation for VinFast to reachits global vision and become a popular high-tech electric vehicle company inthe world as well asdevelop green transport eco-system and reducing emissions./.
3 model specifications:
VinFastVF31,equivalent to C-SUVsegment
- Overall:total 4,300mm long,2,611mm long wheelbase; 10-12.8 inch infotainment screen, air conditioningsystem using HEPA filter with activated carbon filter; steering wheel heating,seat heating and ventilation (premium version)....
- Permanentmagnet electric engine: equivalent to vehicles using internal combustionengines. Power 150kW, maximum torque 320Nm (Premium version); capacity of 85kW,maximum torque of 190Nm (standard version). Battery capacity 42kWh.Travel distance up to 300km
- Safetystandards: EURO NCAP 5* (premium version); ASEAN NCAP 4* (standard version)
VinFast VF32, equivalentto D-SUV segment
- Overall:total 4,750mm long,2,950mm long wheelbase; 15.4-inch infotainment screen;interior lighting system with multi-color adjustment, air conditioning systemusing HEPA filter with activated carbon filter; steering wheel heating, seatheating and ventilation (premium version)....
- Permanentmagnet electric engine: 2 permanent magnet electricengine, capacity of300kW and maximum torque of 640Nm (premium version). 1 electric motor withpermanent magnet capacity of 150kW, 320Nm (standard version). 90kWh capacitybattery and full-time 4-wheel drive.
- Highestsafety standards: NHTSA 5*, Euro NCAP 5*
VinFast VF33, equivalent to E-SUV segment
- Overall:5,120mm long, 3,150mm wheelbase, 15.4-inch center screen, LED Matrix system;Panoramic ceiling glass, area 2.63m2, anti-UV 99% (high-end version)
- Permanentmagnet electric engine: 2 electric engine X 150 KW, Battery capacity up to 106kW.Travel distance up to 550 km
- Highestsafety standards: NHTSA 5*, Euro NCAP 5*