Avast, LinkedIn, and Shopee partner with NTUC LearningHub and SkillsFuture Singapore to provide industry-ready content for the SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace programme.
1. SINGAPORE - MediaOutReach - 13 SEP 2019 - NTUC LearningHub (NTUCLHUB) and Skills Future Singapore (SSG) will partner with global technologyleaders Avast, LinkedIn and Shopee, who will provide additional trainingcontent for the SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace programme delivered by NTUCLHUB.
2. SkillsFuture for DigitalWorkplace is a SkillsFuture initiative which equips Singaporeans withfoundational digital skills and a mindset for digital transformation, toprepare them for technological changes in their workplace and daily lives.Since its launch in 2017, NTUC LHUB, an appointed training partner, has trainedover 20,000 individuals to date. NTUC LHUB has also partnered with major employerssuch as SMRT and ST Engineering, to send their staff for SkillsFuture forDigital Workplace training.
3. Thenew partnerships will further bolster the curriculum content, helpingSingaporeans to stay safe digitally and leverage powerful online platforms andcommunities to boost their employability. NTUC LHUB also introduced its CompanyTraining Committee (CTC) Starter Kit in late July, of which the SkillsFuturefor Digital Workplace programme is a core component.
Empoweringlearners to mitigate cyber risks and seize opportunities
4. Thenew partnerships will enhance cybersecurity and employability content withinthe programme, and promote online entrepreneurship.
5. On 27-28 August 2019, pilot classes were conducted for 13 learners to learn about the importance of digital transformation. They also had hands-on training on the Avastapp, learned how to improve their LinkedIn profiles and leverage theirprofessional network, as well as how to use the Shopee marketplace to start ane-commerce presence.
6. "Iwas originally worried that I was not keeping up with the changes in theworking world. I'm glad I went for the course and learnt so much. The knowledgefrom the course helped me to see how I can grow my employment opportunitieswith online networks or start my own online shop, while being careful to staysafe while doing so. This will also help me learn more about other apps and usethem in my daily life," says 46-year-old learner, Liau Chiu Ling.
7. "For today's employees, medialiteracy should not only embrace adequate know-how of technology use, but alsoawareness of privacy and cybersecurity risks, knowing how to protect theirprecious personal data, and that of their employer", says Mr Filip Chytry, SecurityAdvisor and Technical Director at Avast, a global leader in digital securityproducts. "Cyberthreats are becoming increasingly sophisticated, targeting themasses on the one hand, and on the other hand, we see targeted attacks such asspear-phishing campaigns, targeting staff members to intrude businesses. It'sessential for today's workers to be prepared for such threats, and we are gladto work with NTUC LHUB on this programme to help more people stay safedigitally."
8. "Looking for the right job canbe daunting if you don't know where to begin. Through our partnership with NTUCLHUB, we hope to connect job seekers facing barriers with networks andresources in Singapore. By leveraging LinkedIn as a professional network andinitiating career conversations, job seekers could be one step closer to theirnext opportunity -- either by connecting to jobs available on our platform, orenabling them to build meaningful networks. At LinkedIn, we have made a standto help all professionals along their journey to connect to opportunity," says MrOlivier Legrand, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, LinkedIn.
9. "E-commerce unlocks newopportunities for buyers and sellers that were traditionally non-existent. Therecent Google-Temasek report states that the internet economy will rapidly growto become a US$240 billion industry by 2025, with e-commerce as a key driver.This will undoubtedly create significant opportunities for onlineentrepreneurs. Shopee is glad to partner NTUC LHUB on the SFDW programme, tohelp equip Singaporeans with foundational digital skills in this area. I'mexcited to see how learners will use their newly acquired knowledge to impactthe larger E-commerce landscape in Singapore and the region," says Mr ZhouJunjie, Shopee's Chief Commercial Officer and Country Head for ShopeeSingapore.
10. "Itis essential for Singaporeans to familiarise themselves with various digitaltools for the workplace and in their daily lives as we face rapid technologicaladvancements. SSG continues to work closely with the Labour Movement, NTUC LHUB,and industry partners through initiatives such as SkillsFuture for DigitalWorkplace to help enterprises and workers tap on new opportunities arising fromthe digital transformation of our economy," says Mr Ng Cher Pong, ChiefExecutive, SkillsFuture Singapore.
11. Takingin feedback from the pilot classes, the new content will be subsequently rolledout in October 2019.
12. NTUCLHUB will continue to take steps to ensure that workers have up-to-date skillsto remain employed and employable, and develop the confidence that they cannavigate the digital economy.
13. MrKwek Kok Kwong, CEO of NTUC LHUB concludes, "In a world of rapid change, workersneed to learn regularly -- even daily -- in order to keep up. This means that knowledgecreation must be equally rapid. We have therefore been tapping on an eco-systemof like-minded global knowledge partners to help us. In this chapter, we are partneringAvast, LinkedIn, Shopee and SSG to help prepare workers for the digitaleconomy. We will continue to grow our web of knowledge partners to democratize newtechnologies and knowledge for our workers so that they can become Worker 4.0in support of Industry 4.0."
Chinese Names and Terms 中文名称与 词汇
National Trades Union Congress (NTUC)
全国 职工总会 ( 职总）
精深技能发展局 ( 精深局 )
SkillsFuture for Digital Workplace
技能创前程数码简介 ( 数码简介 )
Company Training Committee
企 业培训委员 会
Kwek Kok Kwong,
CEO of NTUC LearningHub
郭国 光 ,
Ng Cher Pong,
Chief Executive of SkillsFuture Singapore
局长 , 精深技能发展局
About NTUC LearningHub
NTUC LearningHub was corporatised in 2004with the vision of transforming the lifelongemployability of working people. We work with both corporate and individualclients and provide learning solutions in areas such as Infocomm Technology,Healthcare, Employability & Literacy, Business Excellence, Workplace Safety& Health, Security, Human Resources and Foreign Worker Training.
To date, NTUC LearningHub has helped over 21,000 organisations andachieved over 2.4 million training places across more than 500 courses with apool of over 400 certified trainers. As a Total Learning Solutions provider toorganisations, we also forge partnerships and provide a wide range of relevantend-to-end training solutions and work constantly to improve our trainingquality and delivery.
Visit www.ntuclearninghub.com for more information.
Avast (LSE:AVST) is aglobal leader in digital security products. With over 400 million users online,Avast offers products under the Avast and AVG brands that protect people fromthreats on the internet and the evolving IoT threat landscape. The company'sthreat detection network is among the most advanced in the world, using machinelearning and artificial intelligence technologies to detect and stop threats inreal time. Avast digital security products for Mobile, PC or Mac are top-rankedand certified by VB100, AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, OPSWAT, West Coast Labs andothers.
Visit www.avast.comfor more information.
LinkedIn connects theworld's professionals to make them more productive and successful andtransforms the way companies hire, market, and sell. Our vision is to createeconomic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. LinkedIn hasmore than 645 million members and has offices around the globe.
Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia andTaiwan. It is a platform tailored for the region, providing customers with aneasy, secure and fast online shopping experience through strong payment andlogistical support. Shopee aims to continually enhance its platform and becomethe region's e-commerce destination of choice.
Shopee has a wide selection of product categories ranging fromconsumer electronics to home & living, health & beauty, baby &toys, fashion and fitness equipment.
Shopee, a Sea company, was first launched in Singapore in 2015,and has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia,Vietnam and the Philippines. Sea is a leader in digital entertainment,e-commerce and digital financial services across Greater Southeast Asia. Sea'smission is to better the lives of consumers and small businesses withtechnology, and is listed on the NYSE under the symbol SE.
For moreinformation, visit https://shopee.sg/.
About SkillsFuture Singapore
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) drives and coordinates theimplementation of the national SkillsFuture movement, promotes a culture oflifelong learning and strengthens the ecosystem of quality education andtraining in Singapore. Through a holistic system of national SkillsFutureinitiatives, SSG enables Singaporeans to take charge of their learning journeyin their pursuit of skills mastery. SSG also works with key stakeholders toensure that students and adults have access to high quality andindustry-relevant training that meet the demands of different sectors of theeconomy for an innovative and productive workforce.
Visit www.ssg.gov.sg for more information.