Monday, September 25 2017

VietNamNews

Two children die after eating poisonous toad eggs

Update: March, 07/2017 - 16:32

QUẢNG TRỊ — Two children in central Quảng Trị Province died on Monday after they ate poisonous toad eggs mistaking them for fish eggs.

Hồ Văn Ngọc, 14, and Hồ Văn Nam, 12, were found dead at home in the province’s mountainous Đắkrông District on Monday afternoon soon after lunch.

Ngọc, Nam and another child, Hồ Văn Cươi, had gone fishing in a nearby stream from which they picked up the eggs. Cươi, who has survived after he was rushed to hospital, told local newspapers that they mistook them for fish eggs.

Ngọc and Nam were cousins, and their grandmother, who cooked the meal, is too old to recognise toad eggs.

Local authorities are paying for the children’s funerals and hospitalisation expenses, Hồ Chí Cường, chairman of the commune where the victims live, said. — VNS

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: