Friday, November 24 2017

VietNamNews

Quảng Ngãi calls for new investors in revoked projects

Update: September, 15/2017 - 13:00
Hòa Phát-Dung Quất Steel company becomes the first investor covering a revoked project in the Dung Quất Economic Zone in Quảng Ngãi Province. Six investment projects, which had been revoked between 2010-15, are chances for new investors. — VNS Photo Công Thành
Viet Nam News

QUẢNG NGÃI — The central province of Quảng Ngãi has called for new investors in six projects that had their investment licences revoked due to delays from 2010 to 2015.

Head of Dung Quất Economic Zone’s management board, Nguyễn Minh Tài, said the six projects had registered to invest in the zone, but all only either not started work or only done a little.

Tài said the province has offered favourable conditions to draw new investors to revive the projects.

He said two new investors – the Hòa Phát-Dung Quất Steel company and Messeeser industrial gas company – had agreed to cover an industrial ship-building complex.

The other five projects include a seaman’s club, workers’ apartment, a villa in Vạn Tường Urban Area and an apartment east of the Trà Bồng River, and a hotel-restaurant and service complex.

These projects have been deserted for years, wasting natural resources and investment opportunities.

The 45,000ha Dung Quất Economic Zone is one of five key coastal economic zones in Việt Nam that has been prioritised for infrastructure development.

Nineteen industrial parks are available to investors with infrastructure ready, according to the management board.

According to latest reports, the province has attracted 36 foreign direct investment projects, worth $4 billion. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: