Tuesday, September 26 2017

VietNamNews

Three die after eating toads

Update: November, 09/2016 - 14:55
A street vender sells toads. Three people of a family in Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu die after eating poisonous toads. – Photo vitalk.vn
Viet Nam News

BÀ RỊA-VŨNG TÀU – Three members of a family in the southern province of Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu died after eating toad gruel, according to local hospital. 

Bà Rịa Hospital yesterday reported that on Monday, a 31-year-old woman and her two children, aged 7 and 11, living in Xuyên Mộc District’s Phước Tân Commune, were hospitalised after eating toad gruel made from toads which were bought from a street vendor.

A few hours after eating the food, the three began vomiting and had trouble breathing, family members said. 

Doctors cleared their bowels and constantly cleansed the blood.

However, yesterday morning, the woman and her children died due to serious poisoning, the doctors said. 

According to doctor Lê Minh Hiếu, toad-poisoning patients often suffer from vomiting, stomachaches, increased blood pressure and arrhythmia, following which the circuit collapses.

In severe cases, patients had trouble breathing, and they could soon turn fatal, Hiếu said. He advised people not to eat toads and products made from the animal. 

The hospital had recently received many cases of poisoning for ingesting this kind of food. Several people had died. – VNS

 

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: