A fire broke out at the headquarters of the Hải Phòng Radio-Television Station on Saturday, claiming the life of one employee. — Photo thanhnien.vn
HẢI PHÒNG — A fire broke out at the headquarters of the Hải Phòng Radio-Television Station on Saturday, claiming the life of one employee.
Initial reports said that an explosion occurred at about 2 pm, with black smoke seen on the ninth floor of the 15-story building at No 2 Nguyễn Bình Street of Lê Chân District, the northern port city of Hải Phòng.
All staff in the building were evacuated and fire-fighters were sent to the scene.
The fire was put out at about 4:30 pm. Đỗ Mạnh Hùng, who was born in 1972 and head of the station’s documentation and film exploitation division, was hospitalised but passed away later.
The city’s fire department said he died of suffocation, adding that the fire was triggered by equipment short circuiting.
The headquarters of Hải Phòng Radio – Television Station was put into operation in mid-2015.
The ninth floor where the black smoke came from was the station’s department for cultural and social affairs. — VNS