|Workers being treated at the local Hoàn Hảo clinic. — VNA/VNS Photo Huyền Trang|Viet Nam News
BÌNH DƯƠNG — Hundreds of workers from a textile company in Thuận An town in Bình Dương Province were rushed to hospitals and clinics yesterday evening for suspected food poisoning.
The victims, all employees of Apparel Far Eastern Ltd Company, complained of headache, vomiting and stomach pain around 30 minutes after their meal at 5pm. Some are reported to have fainted. The meal, served before the night shift, included soup, fish, chicken and papaya.
Doctors at the general hospital in Thuận An said the hospital admitted more than 100 patients with similar symptoms around the time their shift ended. All doctors and nurses whose shifts had ended had to stay back to treat patients, they said.
The hospital ran out of beds and had to use a hall to accommodate the large number of patients coming in.
Several serious cases have been transferred to the provincial general hospital.
Investigations into the incident are underway. — VNS