with chef de cuisine Olivier Genique from Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi
When autumn comes, sit back and indulge yourself in a whole new atmosphere and aromatic taste of chef Genique of Le Beaulieu Restaurant!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 8 pcs osso bucco (200g each)
- 200g carrot
- 200g celery
- 200g onion
- 200g tomato
- 50g black olive
- 4 garlic glove
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 0.25l white wine
- 1l veal stock
- 50g flour
- 0.1l olive oil
- Thyme, laurel, rosemary and parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and wash all the vegetables.
- Cut carrot, onion, and celery in small regular dices, keep the trimming.
- Cut the tomato in big dices.
- In a pan, stew the trimming of vegetables, chopped garlic, add tomato, cook slowly.
- Flour the osso bucco and colour them in a pan until nice colour.
- Add the vegetables dices, stew without coloration.
- Add the white wine and reduce, add zest from lemon and orange.
- Pass tomato sauce through the mill, add in the pan with laurel and thyme.
- Add the veal stock, thyme and laurel, cooked slowly to keep the osso bucco whol.
- The cooking is about 2 hour to keep a very soft meat.
- Cut the olives in 2, chop the parley.
- When the osso bucco is well-cooked, add chopped parsley.
- Set up the plate.
- Finish with black olive and rosemary for decor.
You can sample the dish at Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist. Tel: +84 4 3826 6919 ext: 8521.