with chef Nguyen Van Tuan from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
Renowned for its authentic and delicate flavours, the Singapore style chilli crab is a must for you this week. Experience a perfect blend of succulent crab meat with the sweet and savoury red-tangy sauce, accompanied with deep-fried mantou bread (Chinese style toasted buns), a recipe by chef Nguyen Van Tuan from May Man Cuisine Restaurant.
Ingredients: serves 4-5
- 1kg crab
- 5g chilli
- 20g sugar
- 50g ketchup
- 250g garlic, chopped
- 100g onion, sliced thin
- 5g salt
- 100g chilli sauce
- 20g chicken powder
- 1 egg
- 100ml water
- 6 Chinese mantou
- 10g mustard
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and ginger and stir-fry. Add the chilli sauce and ketchup, stir-fry till fragrant and the liquid has evaporated and the paste begins to change colour.
- Pull the main shell off the crab and discard it. Remove the grey gills and the soft insides. Cut the pieces.
- Add the crab pieces and cook at a medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes, turning crab occasionally, until the shells turn red and the crab is cooked through.
- Pour the sauce into crab then stir through the egg and toss lightly to coat. Served with Chinese mantou.
Singapore Style Chilli Crab will be available from March 1, 2015 at May Man Cuisine Restaurant on the 2nd floor of Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi with price VND990,000++/kg. For information and reservation, kindly contact May Man Cuisine at (04) 3831 3333 - ext 6260/6461 or visit fortuna.vn.