with Chef Nguyen Huu Huong from Ana Mandara Villas Da Lat Resort&Spa.
Artichoke is one of signature ingredient of Da Lat because of its nutrition value. Chef Huong of Le Petit Da Lat Restaurant instructs a delicious stewed dish using artichoke flower and pork leg. The dish is not only simple to cook but also healthy.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 2.5l pork stock
- 400g pork leg
- 500g artichoke flower
- 50g shallot
- 30g spring onion
- 2 pcs lemon
- 50ml soya oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
Prepare pork leg:
- Shave pork leg, and then clean it.
- Cut the leg into thick slides.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze two pieces of lemon to get juice.
- Clean the artichoke flower, then cut it into pieces and remove its heart in the bottom.
- Soak the pieces into water and lemon juice for five minutes, and then take them out for dry.
- Heat a soup pot with soya oil.
- Put slices of pork leg into the pot and stir them for five minutes, and then add chopped shallot.
- Pour white stock into the pot and cook at medium heat.
- When the mixture is boiling, skim the fat off the soup to keep stock clear.
- Then low the heat and cook for 60 minutes or more.
- Put water and salt into another pot and cook until it boils.
- When the mixture is boiling, pour artichoke flower into and cook until it boils again.
- Take artichoke out of the pot, and then put it into the soup pot with pork leg.
- Cook the mixture until pork and artichoke are tender.
- Season it to taste.
- Serve the dish hot in a soup bowl.
Ana Mandara Villas Da Lat Resort&Spa is located on Le Lai Street in Da Lat City of Lam Dong Province. For reservations, call (063) 3555888. VNS