with chef Nguyen Van Tuan from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
Ingredients: serves 2-4
- 800g Bagridae fish (Lang fish)
- 60g galangal
- 60g lemon grass
- 50g red chilli
- 50g onion and garlic
- 80g turmeric
- 20g dill
- 15ml oyster sauce
- 10ml cooking oil
- 10ml fish sauce
- 50g chicken powder
- 10ml wine
- Wash the fish and cut into medium pieces.
- Thinly slice the galangal, lemon grass, red chilli, onion, garlic, dill and mince the turmeric.
- Whisk together oyster sauce, fish sauce, chicken powder and wine in a small bowl.
- Marinate the bagridae fish in 15 minutes with all herbs and the mixture of sauce while you warm up the grill.
- Put the cooking oil and grill the bagridae fish until it's golden brown on both side then place on the dish to serve.
You can sample the dish at Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel. 84.4. 3831 3333 ext. 6413.