with Chef Nguyen Huu Huong from Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa.
Sturgeon is valued for its fillet and roe, which is being farmed in Da Lat City. Chef Huong of Le Petit Dalat Restaurant instructs a delicious hot pot dish using sturgeon fillet and fresh vegetables that can be found easily in the city.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 2 l pork stock
- 500g sturgeon fillet
- 500g mixed Dalat vegetables
- 500g tamarind
- 2 pcs lemon
- 1 tbsp soya oil
- 5 stalks of lemon grass
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 white onion
- 3 tomatoes
- Fresh noodle
- Fish sauce
- Cut sturgeon fillet into slices.
- Cut white onion and tomatoes into wedges, mince garlic.
- Heat a pot with soya oil, and then put garlic, lemon grass, onion and tomato into the pot to stir.
- Pour pork stock into the pot, and season the mixture to taste.
- Cook the mixture until it boils.
- Put fish into the pot before serving it.
- Wild spinach
- Mustard green
- Chinese cabbage
- Fresh mushroom
- Baby roots
- Serve the dish with fresh noodle, vegetables and fish sauce.
Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa is located on Le Lai Street in Da Lat City of Lam Dong Province. For reservations, call (063) 3555888. — VNS