with Executive Chef Jean-Claude Pichon from Hotel Equatorial HCM City
This week, Jean-Claude Pichon, a native of Brittany, who is now working at Hotel Equatorial HCM City, offers his secret recipe to prepare remoulade of crab with lemon fleurette sauce. Previously, he was an exective chef and executive sous chef at Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok and an executive chef at Central Samui Beach Resort, Samui.
Ingredients: for 4
- 2kg live big crabs
- 80g shallots
- 45g chicory leaves
- Salt, pepper
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbs. white vinegar
- 100g mayonnaise
- 1tbsp dill
- 1tbsp lemon juice and grated skin of lemon
- 100g liquid cream
- 3g salt & pepper
- 3g crushed black pepper
Garnish: Alfalfa bean sprouts and fine julienne of beetroot
- Boil the crab for 25 minutes in salted water with bay leaves, carrot, and celery. Take out all the meat from the crab.
- In a kitchen bowl, add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper; chopped dill Dijon mustard with finely chopped shallots, and the vinegar, mix well, add the crab meat tossed well recheck the seasoning then reserve in chiller
- Prepare the sauce in a small bowl; mix all ingredients and recheck. Then prepare the chicory leaves.
- With the help of a ring, place the remoulade of crab topped with the small bouquet around the sauce with decorative garnishes.
You can sample the dish at Hotel Equatorial HCM City, 242 Tran Binh Trong St, District 5, HCM City, Tel: (08) 38397777.