with Executive Chef Nguyen Phuoc from the Mangosteen Restaurant, Moovenpick Hotel Ha Noi
This July, let yourself be amazed by the tasty flavours of Lousiana Prawn, prepared by Executive Chef Nguyen Phuoc. With this nutritious and tasty dish you know that you have set foot in Lousiana, the 31st most extensive and the 25th most populous of the 50 United States. Enjoy this speciality feel a part of this state.
Ingridient: serves 4
- 20pcs tiger prawn
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 0.2kg onion
- 0.05kg garlic 1pc bay leaf
- 0.2l whipping cream
- 0.3kg button mushroom 0.05l white wine
- 0.05kg butter
- 0.3kg penne
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Boil the penne to 70 per cent then cook.
- Peel the prawns shell out, leave the head and tail on. cut along the prawn and remove the dust line. Marinate the prawn with Cajun seasoning.
- Slice button mushrooms and blanch for a minute
- Crush garlic, chop onion.
- On a sauted pan, heat and add butter, onion and garlic, saute till golden. Add marinated prawns, mushrooms, and saute for 3 minutes. Then add white wine, bay leaf and simmer for about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, just before taking it off the stove, add cream and bring it to the boil again, and it is ready to serve.
- On a deep plate, place the penne on one side, put prawns on top and pour the sauce around the prawns.
Chef's tip: The dish should be served with fresh bread to mop up the sauce.
You can sample the dish at Mangosteen Restaurant, Moovenpick Hotel Ha Noi, 83 Ly Thuong Kiet St., Hoan Kiem Dist., Tel: (04) 3822 2800.