with chef Patrick Fournes of Crowne Plaza Da Nang
Plan your next holiday with a special, yet simple, recipe from Chef Patrick. His Chicken and Coriander Balls are sure to satisfy your appetite.
Chef Patrick says this dish will not take much time and you can make it for any occasion.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 2kg chicken breast 250g shallots 100g garlic
- 50g coriander leaves 50g peanuts (fresh, roasted) 200ml coconut milk
- 4 egg yolks 30g sesame seeds 100g fresh ginger
- 150g fresh lemongrass 1pc orchid blossom, for garnish
- 30ml vegetable oil (for deep frying) 20ml of your favourite dipping sauce
- 4pcs bamboo skewers
- Mince the chicken, shallots, garlic, coriander leaves, ginger, lemongrass, and peanuts until the texture becomes smooth. Then add the egg yolk and coconut milk.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, shape the mixture into balls and coat with sesame seeds.
- Skewer the meatballs on the bamboo skewers and deep fry gently until they reach a golden colour. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce on the side.
You can sample the dish at Crowne Plaza Da Nang, 8 Truong Sa St, Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son Dist, Da Nang City.