with pastry chef Pham Thi Kim Thoa from Donkey Bakery
It's always a close call between puddings and crumbles to determine which is a more delicious dessert. While chef Thoa loves to make apple crumbles, you can use any fruit you like in this dish. Try mango or banana for a more tropical flavour. Bon appetite!
Ingredient: serves 6
For apple filling:
- 4 apples, peeled, cored & diced.
- 150g white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 200g flour
- 150g butter
- 100g white sugar
To make apple filling:
- Preheat oven to 1500C. Put apples, sugar and cinnamon in a pan.
- Cook covered on low heat for 30 minutes, until apple becomes soft.
- Allow apple mixture to cool down.
To make crumble:
- In a mixing bowl, use your fingers to mix the butter, flour and sugar together until they form a crumbly dough. They should not hold together too tightly.
- Pour apple mixture into a medium sized oven proof dish or into smaller serving sized dishes.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top so the filling is completely
- concealed beneath it.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is brown and crunchy.
- Serve with cream or to your taste.
You can sample the dish at Donkey Bakery, 8 Nguyen Hoang Ton St, Tay Ho Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: 090490 7455