with Chef Tran Huynh Viet Hao from Yu Chu Restaurant of Intercontinental Asiana Saigon
Shellfish are a healthy food, containing a variety of nutrients such as vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids that can promote cardiovascular health. Choose fresh scallops that have white and firm flesh. Frozen scallops should be solid and shiny, and the inside of the package should be free of frost, according to Chef Hao.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 300g scallops
- 300g shrimp
- 50g pork fat
- 50g salmon caviar
- 1tsp chicken powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp sugar
- pepper: to taste
- 4 pcs egg white
- Wash scallops and then cut in half.
- Wash shrimp and then flatten them to make them more tender and easier to cook.
- Dice the pork fat and mix together with chicken powder, salt, sugar and pepper. Then place the shrimp and pork fat inside the scallops.
- Steam the scallops for about five minutes.
- Fry steamed scallops until brown. Place them on a large white plate.
- Fry egg whites and then place in hot water very briefly.
- Put salmon caviar on top of the egg whites and then place on the plate for decoration.
You can sample the dish at Yu Chu Restaurant, Intercontinental Asiana Saigon, corner of Hai Ba Trung St. and Le Duan Blvd, District 1, HCM City. Tel: (08)3520 999.