Chef Lê Đức Hải
Ingredients for three portions:
- Cold rice: 500g
- Fresh shrimp: 200g
- Dried shrimp: 20g
- Squid: 100g
- Chicken eggs: 2
- Carrot: half
- Fresh green onion: 4 stalks
- Dried onion: 4pcs
- Garlic: 4pcs
- Fish sauce: 1tbsp
- Cooking oil: 2.5tbsp
- Broth mix, sugar and pepper
Fried rice with seafood
- Clean the dried shrimp and soak it in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Peel the fresh shrimp’s shell, cut its head off, and cut it into pieces. Then cut and clean the squid carefully.
(Note: you should cut the ingredients into the same size for them to cook well together.)
- The seafood should be marinated with 1tsp broth mix for 5 minutes. Cold rice should be marinated with 1/3tsp of broth mix and 1/3tsp of sugar and well mixed.
- Cut the carrot and fresh onion into pieces, and mince the garlic and dried onion.
- Pour 1tbsp of cooking oil in the pan over a light heat, add the minced garlic and then put the soaked seafood in the pan and stir well for 5-7 minutes before adding half a tablespoon of fish sauce and broth mix. Stir regularly
- Fry the carrot pieces and dried shrimp for 3 minutes then mix with the above ingredients.
Frying the cold rice:
- Fry the cold rice on a high heat for 5 minutes then crack 2 chicken eggs into the pan and regularly stir until the rice is covered by the egg. Then add the fish sauce, broth mix and the mixed seafood, and continue to stir for 2 minutes before putting the green pepper and fresh onion in.
Completing the dish:
- The meal is very tasty and colourful: yellow with buttery fat from the egg, orange from the carrot and shrimp, green from the onions and pepper, and chewy and savoury from the squid.
- The dish is enjoyable for all dinners including gourmets and children.
You can sample the dish at Ngon Garden and Quán Ăn Ngon restaurants in Hà Nội at 70 Nguyễn Du Street and 18 Phan Bội Châu Street, respectively. VNS