KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
As a member of the Senior Management Team of Viet Nam country office, contribute to:
· Contribute to the overall leadership of the Viet Nam Country Office
· Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our full spectrum values, promotes accountability, compliance and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors
· Support the design and implementation of a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices, country office operating model and appropriate to programme needs
· Maintain a strong and effective working relationship across all departments to enable Save the Children in Vietnam to meet its objectives and priorities
· Support SMT in decision making and strategic direction in relation to funding and portfolio development, pipeline management, go/no go decisions.
· Engage in developing country strategy, program strategy, operational strategy and annual plan and report, including ensuring acurrate budget phasing for program costs
· Ensure Vietnam Country Office complies with all relevant Save the Children Country Office Standards and program operations policies and procedures
Oversight and Management of Program Implementation
· Oversee program budget and operations, with line management of all program and field operations, including Program Managers, area and field offices/teams and partners
· Accountable for the delivery of quality programs and projects across the country programme portfolio, in accordance with work plan, budget and quality benchmarks
· Provide oversight to Program Managers in project-level planning and budgeting, ensuring the quality and feasibility of detailed implementation plans and monitor implementation of the plans.
· Overall accountability for compliance with donor and organizational requirements throughout the award cycle
· Accountable for all aspects of program implementation including administrative, planning for project related procurement and supplies, and financial requirements. Serve as primary budget holder for programmes.
· Accountable for quality and cost effectiveness of operations and management across all programs and area/field offices: structure, adequate staffing and resourcing, ways of working.
· Ensure that SC Key Performance Indicator targets are met and continuously improved, especially regarding budget vs. actual spend and other implementation-related metrics
· Accountable for program delivery in ways responsive to local government, local NGO partners, communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures. This includes working with government and national NGO-partners to strengthen national capacity
· Ensuring that program teams prepare timely and high quality progress reports, program reports, and donor reports.
· In close collaboration with Director of Finance and Support Services, ensure effective and efficient logistics and supply chain platform for delivery of programs.
· Identify, prevent and mitigate risks stemming from project design, implementation and field operations with a particular attention to child-safeguarding, safety and security, fraud and diversion of resources, harassment and bullying
· Support the Director of Finance and Support Services to improve and strengthen the internal control environment of all field offices, projects and partners
· Support investigation of irregularity and malpractice cases with area and field offices, projects and partners
· Ensure the Country Office Risk Management System is consistently applied with all Area and Field Offices and Projects
Partnership Developent and Management
· Lead the development of the partnership strategy, guidelines and reviews, and support partner selection
· Leading on managing overall partnership function, developing and managing partner relationships and capacity building and supporting budget holders to manage sub-grants.
· Ensure appropriate partnership modalities, the relevance and cost effectiveness of partnership approaches and alignment of practices with the values outlined in SC partnership framework, and with donor and Save the Children requirements
· Work with SC project managers and partner senior management to ensure that partnerships have well-defined expectations and roles and responsibilities; clear implementation plans, monitoring frameworks and practices; and that challenges are proactively and constructively resolved with professionalism
Humanitarian Preparedness and Response
· Oversee and strengthen the Viet Nam CO organisational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with global SCI humanitarian standards and benchmarks, including leading on the humanitarian capacity building plan in close collaboration with HR department
· Ensure that the CO designs, updates and implements a full set of humanitarian preparedness actions, drawing on Asia Regional Office and SC member input and resources, including maintaining an updated Emergency Preparedness Plan
· Mount appropriate and timely responses at scale to all emergencies consistent with established benchmarks, plans and organizational policies, and in close cooperation with members and any incoming surge teams and the Asia Regional Office.
· Ensure that all CO staff across departments and sub offices are familiar with, adhere to and implement the emergency procedures and processes detailed in the Rules and Principles for emergency response
· In coordination with Country Director and Director for Program Development, Quality and Advocacy maintain consistent and coherent engagement in key governmental and inter-agency emergency preparedness and response coordination mechanisms including the Cluster system and Disaster Management Working Group
Contribution to Program Development, Quality, Advocacy and Award Management
· Support Department of Program Development, Quality and Advocacy and Award Management in conceptualizing and designing cost effective, innovative and high quality programs, ensuring adequate engagement of the program and field operations team.
· Guide key decisions during program design, especially regarding geographic targeting, partner selection, implementation mechanisms (including SC and partner staffing structures), program integration and risk management;
· Work with the Award Management team and Program Managers to ensure adequate budget for activities, operational costs, and technical quality, supporting budget revisions as needed throughout the award management cycle.
· Ensure program teams fully implement the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning system, including use of Quality Benchmarks, accountability mechanisms and documentation and use of program learning.
· Support the program team to apply the child safe programming approach
· In close coordination with Director of Program Development, Quality and Advocacy, ensure that the field level advocacy and campaigning activities are implemented in a timely and quality manner, and in alignment with the national advocacy and campaigning objectives.
External Representation and Networking
· In coordination with the Country Director, undertake external representation, networking and coordination at high levels with other international and national organisations, donors, national and local authorities and other stakeholders
· Ensure program team maintains active engagement and professional relationship with the Government of Vietnam, institutions, agencies and partners, proactively resolving issues related to programs and management.
Team management, capacity building, coaching and mentoring:
· Establish and maintain a culture of teamwork, participation, and accountability for excellence, within and across departments.
· Put in place appropriate management systems and practices, including regular team and individual meetings, mechanisms for cross department coordination and collaboration, and norms and practices that are results driven.
· Build the capacity of, mentor and coach SC teams and individual staff, ensuring succession planning, leadership development, talent management and a clear career pathway for key staff.
· Manage the performance of all staff in the Program Implementation department through effective use of the Develop to Perform System including establishing clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations (taking into account that thematic leads have dotted reporting line to Director of Program Development, Quality and Advocacy).
· Documentation of performance that is at standard and above and less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans