TIEN GIANG (VNS) — Cai Lay District's general hospital in the southern province of Tien Giang has treated 47 workers suffering from food poisoning, hospital director Nguyen Van Nguu said.
The workers were employees of Ecoway Garment Co. Ltd, who were hospitalized on Tuesday afternoon after having lunch at the company's canteen.
Of those treated, 37 workers were discharged from the hospital by the evening. The remaining workers are expected to be released from the hospital soon.
Workers complained of suffering from headaches and vomiting after eating a meal of Chinese braised pork, Chinese peas, and papaya soup.
The director said an initial examination of the workers confirmed their having symptoms of food poisoning, such as headache, stomach pain, vomiting and dizziness.
Phuc Loc private company, in the southern province of Ben Tre, supplies meal to Ecoway Co. Ltd. — VNS