|A patient is treated at Krong Pa District's health centre. — Photo vnexpress.vn
GIA LAI (VNS) — Nearly 100 people were rushed to health centres yesterday evening allegedly for food poisoning after a wedding ceremony meal in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai's Krong Pa District.
Nguyen Van Dang, head of Gia Lai Province's food safety department confirmed the news that 97 people were reportedly suffering from stomach ache, headache, and vomiting when they were moved to health centres at midnight.
Initial investigations revealed that an ethnic minority man at Chu Drang Commune had slaughtered a diseased cow at the wedding ceremony of his son.
After consuming the food several people took the leftover beef home.
Dang said all patients are recovering and the likely cause was the diseased cow.
The district's preventive medicine centre and relevant agencies took food samples of the leftover beef for testing, disinfected the surrounding areas and called on people to destroy the rest of the beef. — VNS