Thursday, October 22 2020


3-year-old's sudden death raises questions about hospital's role

Update: April, 09/2015 - 17:27
Director of Loc Ha District General Hospital Vo Viet Quang says that doctors follow treatment guidelines correctly after receiving the 3-year-old boy who has signs of respiratory failure. — Photo

HA TINH (VNS) — A three-year-old boy died suddenly in central Ha Tinh Province's Loc Ha District after he was given an injection at the General Hospital last night, hospital Director Vo Viet Quang confirmed.

The boy was hospitalised at around 9 pm, as he was having difficulty breathing and contracting his respiratory muscles.

Doctors' diagnosed that he had suffered a respiratory failure because of pneumonia and decided to inject. The boy died about 20 minutes later.

Director Quang said the on-duty doctors had followed all the treatment guidelines correctly.

The boy's parents said that he had fever for the last three days, and on the way to the hospital he had eaten some corn.

The local police are investigating the case. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: