|Food-poinsoned people are treated at Chu Se District's health care centre. – Photo VOV
GIA LAI (VNS) – The Gia Lai Preventive Medicine Centre yesterday announced the results of the tests done on food samples after 114 people were hospitalised for food poisoning on September 15.
The tests done on beef samples and the well water sample taken from a certain Ro Lan Gong's house showed that the amount of E coli bacteria and coliform bacteria respectively exceeded the permitted levels by 100 times each.
The bacteria cause diarrhoea, blood disorders and kidney problems which can be fatal.
All 114 food poisoning victims, who are ethnic J'rai minorities from Ho Lang Village in Chu Pong Commune in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai's Chu Se District, have been discharged from hospital in stable health condition.
On September 15, Ro Lan Gong had organised a funeral for his relative, and had slaughtered a cow to offer food to the other villagers. After consuming the beef, 114 people, including adults and children, were hospitalised with symptoms of stomach pain, nausea and diarrhoea. – VNS