Friday, July 20 2018

VietNamNews

Family hospitalised after eating python

Update: August, 12/2014 - 08:07

HCM CITY (VNS) — Several family members in the Central Highlands province of Dac Lak were recently hospitalised in critical condition after suspectedly eating a python and drinking wine mixed with its blood.

Six were in better condition after four days of treatment, although four still had high fever, said Dr Nguyen Ngoc Vinh of HCM City Tropical Diseases Hospital.

One man from the family bought a 10-kg python for VND1.5 million ($70) from a neighbour and invited relatives to join the meal. Ten days later, all experienced high fevers, chest pain, rapid heartbeats and vomiting.

Six patients with serious symptoms, three of whom were children, were sent to the hospital in HCM City while the others were treated at Krong district's general hospital. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: